Belfast, 1703, the O’Muiredaigh household.
“Aye, she’s a cheeky one, me babby. ‘Tis why I named her Lilith. Her eyes of green stare deep into me soul. She’ll be so much more than I, the peasant. She has the soul of greatness, but I so worry about me poor little snapper. Could turn a scrubber if she wanted to. What can I do but teach ‘er the faith the best I can? With our Heavenly Father Clement XI to guide her, me fair Lilith will be blessed by the angels.”
Daily Writing Prompt
WANACon Feb 2014 Session List
Why Choose A Small Press? – Daven Anderson
Daven will explore the strengths and drawbacks of each method of publishing (New York, Do-It-Yourself and Small Press), answer authors’ questions, and give these authors information to help them decide which path is right for them.
One my syllabus points sums it all up nicely:
The Three Boxes:
DIY: Thinking Outside The Box
NY: Thinking About The Big Box
Small Press: Building A New Box Continue reading
Thank you Jason Thayer for nominating me for the Liebster Award!
I will now answer his interview questions. 😀
What is the worst (fiction) book you’ve ever read?
- “Fifty Shades Of Grey” by E.L. James
What is the best (fiction) book you’ve ever read?
If you could own any fictional car, what would it be and why?
- Damien’s 1960 Plymouth Fury coupe. Do I have to explain why? 😉
What creature from mythology do you wish existed?
- Besides vampires?
Dragons, no contest!
What song do you think best describes your philosophy and why?
What’s your favorite verse from the Bible and why?
- Matthew 7:1 – “Judge not, lest ye not be judged.” The best reminder that we are not God.
A time-traveler has offered to take you to any point in history, so long as you do not attempt to invoke the “butterfly effect”. What event would you wish to visit, and why?
- The day the meteor hit the Yucatan peninsula and caused the extinction of the dinosaurs (from inside a spacecraft that would protect me). I’d be the first human to witness it.
Who are your favorite musicians?
- Among others; Nicolo Paganini, Hildegard von Bingen, Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart, Jimi Hendrix, Wesley Willis and all the Aborigines playing didgeridoos in the Australian desert
What is your favorite animal?
Name three musicians you feel deserve a place in the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame who have yet to be nominated.
- Devo, The Runaways, Deep Purple